F O R M A T I O N
S T U D I E S
- 2006-2008. MASTERS (Mda) in Choreography and New Media, “DANCE UNLIMITED”, AMSTERDAMSE HOGESCHOOL VOOR THE KUNSTEN of Amsterdam.
- 2002-2006. 4-year degree BACHELOR of dance (Bda), SNDO department (School for the New Dance Development, “Amsterdamse Hogeschool voor the kunsten”, Amsterdam.
- 2001-2000. Workshops with teachers as Benoit Lachambre, Meg Stuart, Boris Charmatz, Emio Greco, Elena Cordoba, La Ribot, Julyan Hamilton, Katie Duck and David Zambrano.
- 2002-2000. Royal Conservatorium of Madrid. Workshops with teachers as Julia Estevez, Iñaki Azpiaga, Rui Horta, Olga Cobos y Peter Minka.
- 1999-2002. Diploma in Contemporary Dance studies at Carmen Senra School in Madrid. Technique focused in Ballet, Limon, Graham, Horton, Release and Contact and Improvisation with teachers as: Angela Rodriguez, Christine Tanguay, Ana Buitrago, Ramón Oller, Alain Gruttadauria.
- From 2002. training in Yoga. Hatha and Ashtanga and Aikido
- From 1989 till 1999. Professional Judoka.
O T H E R S
- 2007 (November). Participant in the multidisciplinary workshop-colaboration with Tim Elches and Edit Kaldor in the reworking of “Bloody Mess”, piece of Forced Entertainment Company, for an AHK project.
- 2007 (April). Participant in “Platform for education and Innovative Media” and “the Space in Between” project with the Canadian visual artist Michelle Teran and the Australian media artist Nancy Mauro Flude organized by De Waag Society in Amsterdam.
- 2006 (November). Research project “ The delinquent Body” with the choreographer Simone Aughterlony in DansAtelier in Rótterdam.
- 2006 (From January til October). Diploma in Gender Studies by the AHK KEUZEVAK.
- 2006 – 2005. Participation in conferences as “If I cant not dance I don’t want to be part of your revolution” (Antwerpen 2006) and “As if we don’t know what it is”(Amsterdam 2005). Where artists as Boris Charmatz, Rimiti Protokoll and Blash Theory were involved.
G R A N T S A N D P R I Z E S
- 2008. DANCEWEB Scholarship to be part of the ImpulsTanz festival in Vienna.
- 2007, 2006 and 2005. Scholarship awarded by the Spanish Culture and Education Ministry (Ministerio de Educacion y Cultura de España). , Who valued my artistic development and in respond has support part of my artistic studies.
- 2004. Audience Award for the video dance “ La afirmacion del tu-tu” in the International film festival of Caceres in Spain.
- 2003. Foundation Author Scholarship. A grant given, each 3 years, to 20 Spanish artists for the SGAE (Sociedad General de Autores).
- 2001. First Prize in the International Choreographic Competition of Maspalomas. Canaries. Spain.
- 2001. Coproducción for the research project “ Estados de Fuga o el tierno papel de Sulamith” between the Festival Itaca in Padova and the Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores of Spain.
P R O F E S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
C O R E O G R A P H Y
- 2008, Summer. Residency-research project at Nagib festival in Maribor, Slovenia for the creation of a piece about rituals of sharing,feeding processes, surrender and trust.
- 2008, June. “SOLO…?”, Solo work showed at Melkweg theatre in Amsterdam and that will also be
presented, next October, at Beursschouwburg Theater at Batard Festival In Brussels.
- 2008, February. “3 DUETS”, piece performed at SOMETHING RAW festival in Amsterdam.
- 2007. “ SURVIVING TO NUMBER 3” A piece about manipulation, intimacy, violence, roles and rules, where the limits of a BODY are extended and confronted. It was premiered in February and July 2007 at Melkweg Theatre, in Amsterdam. This piece has also been shown in the International Festival “Something Raw” at Frascati in Amsterdam during February 2008.
- 2007. (April) Tour “ SEX ME NOT” in Madrid, Valencia, Bilbao and Barcelona.
- 2006. “SEX ME NOT”. Piece about the anatomy and mechanisms of desire and sex, it was created for six dancers and it was premiered in Melkweg theatre in Amsterdam.
- 2005. “DO YOU WANT TO USE ME?” International event where different artist create a solo for “ my body”. The final result will be shown next September in La Casa Encendida, Madrid.
- 2004. I WOULD LIKE TO BE YOUR MAIN CHOICE, even after 15 minutes”, piece for 3 dancers performed in the Theatre School of Amsterdam
- 2003. AND THEN I AM GONNA MOVE TO MAKE THE CARESS HAPPEN (duo-performance), HOW MUCH CAN YOU GIVE ME IN 15 MINUTES? (Duo-installation). Two duos presented in different spaces of the Theatre School of Amsterdam.
- 2002. HOW TO FULL FILL A SOLO. Piece for 7 dancers and a “corner”.
- 2001. ESTADOS DE FUGA O EL TIERNO PAPEL DE SULAMITH. Debut at the Audiovisual Festival for Dance and Politics ITAKA in Padova, Italy.
- 2000. A FALTA DE PAN EN NUESTRA LINEA PRIMA. Piece who won the First Prize in the International Choreography Competition of Maspalomas, Spain. It was Subsequently performed through Spain in “ Madrid en Danza”, sala Pradillo, in the Fundacion in Bilbao and in the “Junge Buhne, XIII International Festival Neuer Tanz” in Freeburg.
- 1999. ODA A MI MUSCULITO ROJO, PEDAZS and OFELIA. 3 different pieces whose respective debuts took place in Cuarta Pared, Nuria Espert Auditorium and at The Royal School of Theatre in Madrid.
C O L A B O R A T I O N S
- 2006. WHERE WE ARE NOT, collaboration with the Lebanese performance artist Lina Issa. This project was created between Lebanon and Amsterdam. It has been performed in different festivals in London (10 -13 April) “ The Facility Symposium 3” at London Metropolitan University and in Paris (13 – 19 April) in the festival “ Il faut Bruler Pour Briller” at the Espace d´Art Contemporain Eugene Beadouin.
- 2005 (June). I WANT TO DANCE WITH MY NEIGHBOURS. Group piece created in “Collaboration” for different artists and who was performed at Melkweg Theatre in Amsterdam.
- 2005 (January). THE PROBABILITY OF BECOMING, about influences, contaminations, carrots and potatoes. Collaboration with the Italian Choreographer Violetta Perra. It was performed in Amsterdam in December 2004 and January 2005 and afterwards invited in the “Phenomena” festival in Jerusalem.
P E R F O R M E R
- 2007, May and November. Performer at the production THE BLOODY WORLD THEORY from Tashi Iwaoka. That was premiered in May 2007 in the festival Life Art at The Theatre Academy of Helsinki in Finland. This piece has been shown also during November 2007 at Hetveem Theatre in Amsterdam.
- 2007, January. Dancer in the production Unit-Y from the Japanese choreographer Tashi Iwaoka that was premiere in January 2007 the Muiderpoort Theatre in Amsterdam
- 2006. Stage as a dancer during 3 month in Emio Greco Company.
- 2006. Stage as observer for Benoit Lachambre and his company Par le Beux during the process of his last piece “Lugares Comunes”.
- 2005. Performer in the dance installation from the artist Yael Davids “I ASK THEM TO WALK”.
- 2005. Participation in the piece from the Catalan choreographer Pere Gay y Faura “I BELONG TO YOUR IMAGES” who was shown in different theatres in Amsterdam.
- 2004. Dancing in the multidisciplinary piece “PANORAMAS” by Pere Gay y Faura. This piece has been touring through Spain and Holland.
- 2003. Performing in the piece “ AUB TRIEF” from Nora Heilman at the festival “Something Raw” in the Brakke Grond, Frascati Theatre in Amsterdam.
- 2003. Dancer at the piece “ FOLDED IN MORE THAN ONE LINE” by the argentine choreographer Diego Gil.
- 1998. Collaborated in a project on live music and improvisation in Cuarta Pared in Madrid.
- 1997. Danced with Aracaladanza Company in the Barcelona Choreography Competition.
I N S T A L A T I O N S A N D V I D E O W O R K
- 2007. “30 bodies”. A video dance project with 30 dancers who I am directing and who is being produced by the “Area de Gestion Cultural de la Universidad Carlos III” of Madrid.
- 2005. “INDEPENDENCE”, piece for 2 dancers who had to be physically connected for 10 hours while they were being recorded and receiving external instructions from the audience. This work was shown in the Philip Morris Theatre in Amsterdam.
- 2005. “Inhabiting my size I became a dune, now I am just FOLLOWING THE ANATOMY OF MY CHOICES”. Piece for 7 monitors, 2 cameras and a red corridor.
- 2004. “LA AFIRMACION DEL TÚ-TÚ”. Video dance who won the Audience Award in the International Video Dance festival of Caceres in Spain and who has been projected also in the FIVU05 in Montevideo, Uruguay and in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 2003. Video Installation “FREUD, COULD WE TAKE A COFFE SOON?”
T E A C H I N G
- “THE SKIN AS A MEETING POINT”. Research -Workshop about the possibilities of Contact and Improvisation Technique as a language to analyse the concept of “meeting” between bodies. This workshop has been given in different cities.
- From 2000. Different workshops of Contact and Improvisation, Movement research and Composition in Madrid, Caceres, Barcelona, London and Amsterdam.
- May 2000. Participation in the project “Lleva el arte al Sur” (“ Bringing the art to the south”), with classes in Corporal Expression and a seminary on “ Initiation in the language of contemporany dance” to young adults and retirees in Villaverde, southern Madrid.
- 1997 – 1999. Classes in “Initiation in Dance” for 3 to 12 years old children in the Carmen Senra School in Madrid.