Scroll Down -^
WBIR is Aitana Cordero and Daniel AlmgrenRecen´s response to the piece "The bloody World Theory" from Takashi Iwaoka . WBIR it is also a response, from Cordero and AlmgrenRecen, to Iwaoka´s questions of Inheritance and second Generations.
Aitana Cordero and Daniel AlmgreRecen as the two performers in " The bloody world theory" were asked by the director (Takashi Iwaoka) , as a second and final phase of the project, to re-make the piece with total freedom and only two rules:
1. They (Cordero and AlmgrenRecen) could not be replaced with someone else.
2. The re-making of the process should be collaborative between the (2) performers.
Some of the main themes in Tashi´s original piece were: fight, aggression, destruction, mental and physical force, unconditional will, pain, real ,love, stupidity , naive, second changes and hope.
In the new piece, grown out of this heritage, A. Cordero ad D. AlmgrenRecen have confronted their individual ideas about the old piece, about "collaborations" about their memories, questions, and needs to deal with an existing work and to create a new piece.
Some of the issues they are being confronted, as a second generation and as maker of this new work are: independence, self identity, responsibility, authorship, commitment, genuinely.
They have focused on the belief in UNITY, how they by deciding in being together can conquer their world of fears and dreams.
with this manifesto we will like to clarify some important points:
1. we will base our work in the concept of sharing and not in the concept of fighting.
if we, eventually, need to fight for something we will do it together and not against each other.
2. we will only produce a piece that we both like and respect, without compromising each other ideals, ethics and politics or creative agendas.
3. in this case, and for this specific project, we will not defense our individualities, we will not invest in our differences and we will not try to prove how interesting and strong individuals makers we could be by our own.
4. we do not believe in democracy, therefore we know that democracy is, anyway, not the right system to apply in between two individuals...
we will look for a system of choices based in a common pleasure.
"things will only stay if we both want them there".
5. the exchange of ideas will be based on a pure generosity and our thoughts and proposals will flow and be exposed and shared without any protectionist attitude.
6. we will offer our bodies, intelligence, imagination and sensibility to the process, so also to each other experiments, without any judgment or excuse.
we will support each other crazy ideas, each others insecurity processes and each other creative crisis.
7. during the process, we will include the other in our creative fantasies and while watching the videos of the rehearsal we will try to look at the other as much as ourselves and not to follow our narcissistic tendency and our pro-ego fascination.
8. we will not use this piece or this process for our personal profit or boasting.
9. in this piece we will need to each other but without becoming dependents.
10. we will not desire each other or each other partners.
11. we will not share with the audience our personal stories.
12. once we will finish this work none of us will mention or differentiate which ideas belongs to who. we will assume happily that all the achievements and mistakes of the piece are/were the result of our constant exchange.
ONCE UPON A TIME...There were two young bears which mother died where they were born. they were risen by their father who worked hard, and without thinking about him self, just for his kids to have a good upbringing.
This two young bears were too busy with living and they did not care about their father effort.
Actually they both thought that the father was a stupid, little, ugly and non sense creature who was never able to realize his own dreams. They hated him for that.
They always fantasied with the idea of hurting him and slowly started preparing a way to kill him.
They nourished the idea and joined the army to get trained.
Before leaving home they made a promise to each other: from now on they will never separate, they will always act as one and they will always support to each other.
In the army they were refining their skills for killing by practicing on enemies and also on fellow soldiers.
Their plans on killing their father became really complex and elaborated.
Sometimes when they got drunk and while sharing their killing ideas they even experience an intense common sexual arousment.
After one of these evenings , they wake up in the morning and discovered that there was a little child on their bed.
for the first time in their lives they felt a deep love and compassion for something outside of themselves. for the first time in their lives they also faced a strong duality. they didn't know if they should follow this new and compassion or if they should stick to their old desire to kill their father.
They decided to make a ritual to consult a god.
They made an intense research on google looking for the perfect ritual, they realized then that perfection was an important issue for them, in general.
God says: your father is death
They go for love
They discover love is also about letting go, then when the child is older they encourage "it" to stand own its own legs, meaning invite it to go..the child leaves the house excited and in search of own and new experiences...the two bears feel for the first time in their lives loneliness and the emptiness of no having a goal.
Suddenly they receive a phone call from their father, who was not death, and who tells them that is dying.
They front the chance to achieve their old desire perfection of killing him themselves.
And without making out their minds they decide to seek him.
their father dies before they arrive.
for the first time in their lives they feel a strong pain. They think: this is the pain of not achieving a goal, they think this is the pain of fronting the non perfection. They feel a strong pain.
they talk,and think together
they decide to go to heaven and look for him...
ORDER OF CHAPTERING:
A STRONG PAIN.
THE HORSE IS HEADING STRAIGHT INTO THE FUTURE.
ARE THEY STILL HERE?
ONCE UPON A TIME TWO BEARS
PROLOGUE ( + horse image)
THE ARMY WILL HELP US and you are beautiful, considerate, evil, sad, sweet,positive, intellectual, mean, open, difficult, cold , emotional , silly, deep, aggressive, pure, unique
(please leave throw the left door and come back in 10 minutes)
ARE WE STILL HERE?
SUNDAY PANCAKES and a PHONE CALL or COULD I KILL MY EGOCENTRISM, MY NIHILISM, MY PERFECTIONISM, MY PATRIOTISM, MY CANNIBALISM, MY TERRORISM, MY EXISTENTIALISM,MY ANARCHISM and MY EMOTIONALISM.
LET ME GO
BLIND AND TOGETHER
CHAPTER 4 1/2
LET ME GO
THE HORSE IS HEADING STRAIGHT INTO THE FUTURE
New concept, direction, performance
Aitana Cordero and Daniel Almgren Recén
Lighting design and effects
Jeroen de Boer
Belen Ramirez, Marysia Stoklosa with family, Robert van Hulzen, Martin Nachbar, Noha Ramadan and Yurie Umamoto